For the strawberry millefeuille:
½ sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
icing sugar, to dust
150ml/¼ pint double cream, lightly whipped
1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped out, pod discarded
1 tbsp icing sugar
75g/2½oz strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
For the strawberry sauce:
100g/3½oz strawberries, hulled
2 tbsp icing sugar
mint sprig, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F.
2. For the millefeuille, cut two 6cm/2½in circles of puff pastry and place onto a sheet of baking paper on a baking sheet. Dust heavily with icing sugar.
3. Transfer to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until risen and golden-brown. Remove the pastry circles from the oven and leave to cool.
4. For the filling, place the whipped cream, vanilla seeds and icing sugar into a bowl and mix gently.
5. Spread two spoonfuls of the filling over one pastry disc, top with some sliced strawberries and place the other pastry disc on top. Top with some more of the filling mixture and sliced strawberries.
6. For the strawberry sauce, place the strawberries, icing sugar and water into a blender and blend until smooth.