Thursday, May 29, 2008

More Excellent Quotes

"Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things" - Denis Diderot
"The secret of happiness to is make others believe they are the cause of it." - Al Batt
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
"I think that when you are famous every weakness is exaggerated. (...) Goethe said, "Talent is developed in privacy," you know? And it's really true. (...) Creativity has got to start with humanity and when you're a human being, you feel, you suffer. You're gay, you're sick, you're nervous or whatever." Marilyn Monroe
"In my time, when a man used improper language in front of a lady, another man took him outside and knocked him down." Lillian Gish
"The love scenes I did years ago were sensitive and romantic, but in today's (filmed) lovemaking, couples are trying to swallow each other's tonsils." Lillian Gish
"You only get one body to live in so you better take care of it." Lillian Gish
"I've always been a happy person. I love the human race. I love my work. I love the world." Lillian Gish
"I'm a believing person. I believe in God even though I can't see him. You can't see the air in this room, right? But take it away and you're dead." Lillian Gish
"Movies nowadays are all alike, as if they were made on an assembly line. Hollywood has turned into an emotional Detroit." Lillian Gish

No comments: